Free At-Home Colon Cancer Screening Test
Moncrief vouchers can be found at the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health District and at pharmacies throughout Wichita County. Pick up one today !
When detected early, colorectal cancer is very treatable. Moncrief Cancer Institute offers colorectal cancer screening that is simple and convenient – at no cost for individuals who are uninsured, and those who qualify.
WHO SHOULD GET SCREENED?
Most people should begin screening at age 50. African Americans and those who have a family history of colon cancer may be at higher risk and may need to be screened earlier. If you are at a high risk, talk to your doctor about when to begin your screenings.
TO QUALIFY FOR OUR PROGRAM, YOU MUST:
- Be between the age of 50 and 74
- Current resident in the state of Texas
- Have no personal history of colorectal cancer, colon resection (surgery), inflammatory bowel disease, or colon polyps
- Have not had
- A stool-based test in the last year
- A sigmoidoscopy exam (to look inside the rectum and lower colon) within the last 5 years
- A colonoscopy exam (to look inside the rectum and entire colon) within the last 10 years
Call or visit the web page to request your at-home screening kit.