Chronic Pain Self-Management Class (CPSME)
Chronic Pain Self-Management Class Registration Form
Sign up here to register for our FREE workshop and you will be contacted by one of our facilitators about our upcoming class schedule. Congratulations for taking action to improve your health!
The Chronic Pain Self-Management Education (CPSME) Program, developed by Stanford University Public Health Professionals, is a highly researched and effective health and wellness program. Evidence-based education provides core skill practice with self-management tools like action planning, problem solving, physical activity, and nutrition. If you or know someone who suffers from chronic pain conditions, such as back pain, arthritis, headaches, please call us at 940-761-7699 to speak with a facilitator and register for this FREE workshop.
Participants have shown:
- Improved self-confidence in daily maintenance of their health condition
- Decreased use of healthcare
- Fewer reoccurrences of chronic pain symptoms
- An improved quality of life
You will receive a FREE toolkit as displayed below, which includes the latest edition of Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, the Relaxation for Mind & Body CD with four different relaxation exercises, a pain journal, and tip sheets.
Understanding Pain & What You Can Do About It
We educate participants on the self-management topics below:
- Action Planning
- Balancing activity with rest
- Medication Use
- Communicating with your Healthcare Team
- Communicating with you family & friends
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Tools for overcoming worst-case thinking
What can you learn?
- Techniques for dealing with YOUR chronic pain condition
- Simple ways to improve stress and activity levels
- Techniques to deal with anger, fear, and frustration
- Better ways to communicate with family and healthcare team
Self-Management of chronic pain conditions, such as fatigue, sleeplessness, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration, with emphasis on cognitive behavioral therapy techniques for managing pain.