Live Well: Take Back Your Health
CDSME Registration FormSign up here to register and you will be contacted by one of our facilitators about our upcoming class schedule. Congratulations for taking action to improve your health!
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) developed by Stanford are highly researched, proven and effective health and wellness programs. Evidence-based education provides core skill practice with self-management tools like action planning, problem solving, physical activity, and nutrition. To receive the greatest benefits of this free education contact a CDSME Leader at 940-761-7699.
Participants have shown:
- Improved self-confidence in daily maintenance of their health condition
- Decreased use of healthcare
- Fewer symptoms of chronic conditions such as depression and shortness of breath
- An improved quality of life
We educate participants on the self-management topics below:
- Action Planning
- Breathing Techniques
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Understanding Emotions
- Using Your Mind
- Weight Management
- Working with Health Professionals
What can you learn?
- Techniques for dealing with pain, fatigue and stress (stress management)
- Simple ways to improve nutrition and activity levels
- Better ways to communicate with family and health care providers
Self-Management of Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema and Other Physical and Mental Health Conditions