Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME)
CDSME Class Registration Form
Sign up here to register for our FREE workshop and you will be contacted by one of our facilitators about our upcoming class schedule. Congratulations for taking action to improve your health!
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) developed by Stanford University Public Health Professionals, is a highly researched and effective health and wellness program. Evidence-based education provides core skill practice with self-management tools like action planning, problem solving, physical activity, and nutrition. If you or know someone who suffers from any physical or mental chronic condition or multiple chronic conditions, please call us at 940-761-7699 to speak with a facilitator and register for this FREE workshop.
Participants have shown:
- Improved self-confidence in daily maintenance of their health condition
- Decreased use of healthcare
- Fewer symptoms of chronic conditions such as depression and shortness of breath
- An improved quality of life
We educate participants on the self-management topics below:
- Action Planning
- Breathing Techniques
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Understanding Emotions
- Using Your Mind
- Weight Management
- Working with Health Professionals
What can you learn?
- Techniques for dealing with pain, fatigue and stress (stress management)
- Simple ways to improve nutrition and activity levels
- Better ways to communicate with family and health care providers
Self-Management of Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema and Other Physical and Mental Health Conditions